Golden Residence Permit Program in Portugal
Ever since October 2012 Portugal has introduced a Golden Residence Permit Program (also known as the 'Golden Visa') and provides an opportunity for foreign investors from outside the EU to acquire a residence permit through investment in Portugal.
- Free Travel to all 26 Schengen Countries
- Possibility to acquire the Portuguese Citizenship after 6 years
- Freely living and working in Portugal
- High level tourist services in a sunny and beautiful EU country.
- Competitive property sector
Requiements and Qualifications to be met by the Main Applicant:
Third country nationals who either carry out investment activities personally or through a company that satisfy one of the following conditions:
1. Acquisition of real estate with a minimum value of Euro 500.000, or
2. Transfer of capital of Euro 1 million, or
3. Creation of at least 10 new jobs registered with the Social Security department.
Duration and Renewal of the Residence of the Residence Permit
The Visa exemption to enter Portugal is valid for 1 year and it is renewed until the 5th year when it becomes a Permanent Residency Permit.
The minimum residency requirements in order to qualify for the renewal of the Golden Residence Permit are very reasonable.
Seven days of residency during the first year of residence in order to be entitled to the first renewal, and 14 days over the two subsequent two year periods necessary for renewals.
The real estate property must remain in the full ownership of the applicant for at least 5 years.
WHO CAN BE CONSIDERED AS A FAMILY MEMBER OF THE MAIN APPLICANT:
The following persons are considered relatives of the applicant:
1.Spouse or life partner,
2. Minor Children,
3.Children adopted by an unmarried or married applicant,
4. Children of age who are dependent on the applicant,
5. Parents of the applicant if they are dependents,
6. Minor siblings under the custody of the applicant.